Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Technology Based Rubrics, Clicker Assessment Tools, and Inspiration/Kidspiration Software

       I honestly do not believe I'll ever have to make up my own rubric! Wow. Looking through http://www.rubrician.com and http://school.discovery.com/schrockguide/assess.html there is a vast number of choices of different types and examples available on the internet. There were a bunch of broken links on the first link, but these aren't these only two websites for this type of thing. These will be very useful for grading projects and papers fairly using a point system as they seem to be easily modified for any situation.

       Clicker assessment tools could be extremely useful for keeping the attention of a student and their interest in a subject heightened during a lecture. I was looking through the Quizdom website and it has all sorts of different things the remotes can be used for including educational games. I'm imagining a situation where I'm doing a lecture then move on to a science game about the planets where each side of the classroom is a team, answering questions for points. The person who clicks in the answer the fastest gets the point! Now that would get them to really soak in the knowledge. In my journal critique, it was interactive software that really helped motivate students to learn more. In the end, they scored much better on knowledge tests. I see a lot of potential with a tool like this. 


       As I mentioned with the previous clicker assessment tools, using these type of interactive technologies with learning have been proven to work as per my journal critique. They keep the attention of a student and keep them motivated to continue to learn. If my school would be able to allow such a budget for Inspiration.com's programs, I would absolutely use them as continued learning for students to do at home or, if there is time and the right amount of computers, maybe use it while they are in class as a once a week type of lesson.

Sources:

http://www.rubrician.com
http://school.discovery.com/schrockguide/assess.html 
http://www.qwizdom.com/
Inspiration.com 

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree, I think that there is a rubric for just about everything that will be covered in school. All we have to do is look. This make me think that if there is rubric for everything, just imagine all the additional resources that are available on the internet for any lesson that is being taught in the classroom. Why not do a little "surfing" and see how our students can benefit from our efforts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that the clicker assessment tool could keep the interest of the students' during lecture. It is a wonderful tool for science and math games. It also allows students class participaton without fear of giving the wrong answer. I think I would use this tool in my classroom.

    ReplyDelete